The ESEA was first initiated in 2008 to honour Dubai Trade's distinguished clients who have been the most active online performers throughout the year. It is targeted at promoting the adoption of e-Services, and encouraging customer's migration to online platform, which in turn will contribute in establishing Dubai as the ideal trade and logistics hub of the world. Since the 5th cycle of the award, the ESEA is honoured to be held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai.
In line with the Smart Government initiative and the completion of its deadline announced by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to make all the services available through smart platforms, as well as the Year of Innovation, the ESEA since its 9th edition took another turn with a brand new theme focused on transformation in mobile smart services and innovation. In the 11th cycle of the ESEA, six winners will be rewarded according to their mobile and online transactions across key services provided by DP World, Dubai Customs, and Jebel Ali Free Zone throughout the year.
Winners in the six award categories are nominated based on total number of transactions conducted on both online and using their smartphone throughout 2018.
Dubai Trade's E-Services Excellence Award has many objectives, which include the following:
- Encouraging mobile and electronic service adoption & building customer loyalty by awarding the best performing companies.
- Recognizing achievements in innovation and use of technology to transform trade processes.
- Celebrating the success of digital transformation in trade & logistics activities.
- Spreading awareness of Dubai Trade Portal as the single window for trade facilitation in Dubai.
- Manufacturing & trading companies.
- Supply chain and logistics service providers.
- Government and federal departments
- Banks and other financial institutions.
- Senior management of major business units.
- Media partners.